We bought a house! Friday morning we went to see it and Friday afternoon we were putting in an offer. By dinner time that night, sitting on a patio with Rockr, we found out the offer was accepted! eeeeeee! We were elated and have spent the weekend walking on a cloud. Every once and awhile it hits us again and we look at each other, grinning ear to ear, and talk about our future there.
Some of my favourite things about it:
– the neighbourhood. It’s in Old Ottawa South, a couple streets from where I grew up. There is a park nearby; the river is just down the street where I used to feed the ducks and swans; it’s a quiet and peaceful street
– it was built in 1939 and has all the older house charm that I love but has been updated and well-maintained.
– it is just 10 minutes walk away from my favourite pub, as well as other amenities (coffee shops, restaurants, etc)
– all the windows; I’ve been craving a space full of natural light
– there’s a spot for a window seat in the living room. You can tell by the flooring that at one point there was a window seat there
– open concept kitchen
– beautifully renovated bathroom
It ticks all of our boxes except for one thing….the price! It is higher than we wanted to spend. But there is potential for a basement apartment that we could rent out, need be, so we are still comfortable with it. We realized it was the only way to get into the neighbourhood and still have a big enough house (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms).
I can’t wait to move in! Our closing date is a month away. Now we need to sell our house a.s.a.p 😮